Sunday 12 May 2013

My holiday romance.

I am having a holiday romance. We see each other every afternoon, It's my little escape from everybody else, it's a relaxing, so very calming and beautiful romance! My lover? A teeny tiny little village that goes by the name of Ginninnderra!
My god, if I could pocket this tiny little corner of the world and bring it home I would. It's a very old little hamlet that many, many years ago would have been the hub of the community - general store, a tiny old school house and other gorgeous little wooden shack houses with white porches and picket fences. At present it's a little tourist attraction, the school house is a quaint little cafe that sells afternoon tea and yummy fudge, the shack houses are boutique style shops selling gorgeous trinkets, bags, baby bits n bobs. There's an amazing little cupcake workshop that has this shabby chic coolness combined with old style granny home cooking charm, wooden tables stripped bare to their original woods and rickety little chairs painted pastel. There's an ice cream parlour with outside seating on its white panelled porch; the salted caramel ice cream is orgasmic! There's coffee shops, restaurants, surrounded by green trees and pebbled pathways. Much to Jacobs delight, in Ginninnderra, their is even a dinosaur museum! A wonderful independent family run place with the most incredible dinosaur display at the outside entrance.... Jacob is now OBSESSED with Dinosaurs, and runs around shouting 'irosooors' all day every day.



Luckily for us, the museum and the rest of the village is literally a five minute walk away, which is handy as I can't drive and everywhere else in Canberra is definitely not within walking distance. It's my one place where I can go and fully relax, when everyone else is at work and busy, Jacob and I will be up their having a babychinno and a banana muffin.

This place transports me back in time to a historic place where I can use my imagination. I love everything old, old churches, old towns, old houses.

Lush.







No comments:

Post a Comment