Wednesday 15 August 2012

Country Bumpkin!!!

Well, it seems Mike and I have officially lost the plot... We've decided (after a lot of thought) to take on a restaurant/bar/guest-house in the Wiltshire countryside! We are leaving London, baby!

The Crown Inn is a 15th century old coaching inn about 25 mins drive from the ridiculously beautiful Bath. It's just been done up all nice and fancy and that..and it has eight charming guest-rooms. There is a cottage right next too that we shall live in and a nursery up the road for Jacob! It really is amazeballs.

As much as I love London, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of waiting for buses (and then not being able to get on because there's two prams on already) I'm sick of having no money because everything we earn goes on extortionate rent/council tax. And mostly I think I'm just sick of walking around a city I no longer feel a part of. I've been off work now for over a year and as much as I've enjoyed lovely walks with Jacob and the mutt (I'll tell you more about that little shit another day) there's something about being a mother with a pram walking around on your own all day that just makes you feel so excluded from all the hustle and bustle of excitement that living in London should offer. And I know, I could get a job here and re-join but that's where ridiculously expensive child care issues come into play!

So I think it's far to say I'm looking forward to a new challenge, getting my hands dirty, using my BRAIN! And although I'll be limited to doing emails and reservations/paperwork etc in the evening, it's a START and I can't wait!!!

Plus I just bought a Barbour, and can finally wear my pink wellies!! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment