Wednesday 29 May 2013

Just call me Nigella!..

Despite the fact that I'm staying in a very Beautiful house and in a very Beautiful country, due to not being able to drive and Canberra being very spread out, I'm a tad bored at the moment. There's only so many times I can walk to the Dinosaur Museum and back, so.. I've been BAKING! Anyone that knows me knows that this is a long and painful process (before I met my Chef boyfriend, I couldn't even cook pasta properly, or an egg!) but I am getting there, and actually getting to be rather good(Ish)

In the last three weeks I've made cakes, cookies, brownies, and today's effort, Banana Bread!

Banana and Sultana Bread
                                                           

Marshmallow, Chocolate and Jam Cake.

                                                  



Mike's Birthday Malteaser Cake!

Apart from Baking, I've also taken up Golf watching. Mike's parents basically live on a golf course, and from the bay windows of the front room where Jacob and I sit and have breakfast and lunch, you can see all the golfers in their funky outfits! (Mike's mum's been known to wave at them in her nightie! ha!) and actually I've began to find it quite soothing, its like constantly having guests, all day. I can hear the buggy's and the chatter and the whacking of the balls. After 4pm when there's no risk of being brained by a golf ball, Jacob and I go out there and look for the Kangaroo's who live in the wild on the course (or Flangeroo's as Jake calls them)



The view onto the golf course, very early in the morning

 
 
 
 
Jacob looking for Flangaroos


So that's us, that's what we're doing at the moment (or at least until Mike's parents get back and I get lifts again!) Although we are heading to Sydney this weekend to stay with friends, visit markets, do the sights and have a drink or fifteen, so I am ridiculously excited.

If anyone's got any good recipes especially for toddlers, do share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment