Wednesday 13 February 2013

Valentines humbug!

So it's Valentines Day tomorrow! Mike and i have nothing planned and have no intention of doing anything. We've been through so much together recently and come out of the other side still in one piece and still smiling! I think that says it all for us both personally.
Mike is not one for grand gestures! (He used to be aherm) but I think as time goes on its the simple things you do daily that prove how much you love each other. I'd prefer he be thoughtful and make kind gestures all year round than be an absolute feck wit of a pig all year but then receive the obligatory flowers, teddies and all the other bollocks on V Day.
He is an absolutely amazing Daddy, he cooks me the most amazing food (and doesn't mind that all I can make is pasta! In fact he calls me Nona) he drives me places when I'm too cold (or lazy) to walk even if its way out of his way! he comes home early if I've had a horrid day, he plays with my hair at night whilst I read magazines,he attends to Jacob on rough nights whilst I catch up on sleep, he calms me down when I'm panicking like a loon at everything! He make's me feel so much better just by being in the same room as me...And most importantly he understands and accepts all the little traits and annoying things about me and doesn't ask me to change.
He's so loyal, and committed and I can honestly say I've never been with anyone who is so dedicated just to making me smile. He's a gorgeous and tall Australian, so handsome and funny, he's sensitive and kind and considerate. I truly am very lucky. I guess if it takes Valentines Day to remind you of how lucky you are, then it can only be a good thing.

Best "Us" moments:
1) Calming me down whilst I was in theatre about to have a C Section. He was so strong and calm and amazing and I remember thinking,despite the agonising pain I was in, how ridiculously good looking he looked in the doctor's scrubs he had to wear!

2) First date in a little Indian restaurant in a teeny village called Ham. That's when I first thought I'm keeping this one! So cute and funny and telling me all about his family in Australia.

3) Staying in a Caravan in New South Wales, Oz. During our first trip to Australia, we stayed in amazing hotels, went to fancy restaurants etc.. But it was in Mike's parents caravan alone on the coast that we were happiest. Board games, food, the beach and red wine. It was pure bliss. I may have got drunk and fallen through a window (allegedly) Manly was pretty special too, even though we slept in a sandpit/bed every night. The nights by the ferry port sipping wine without a care in the world were simply unforgettable.

4) Our first gig as "parents" when we brought Bruce home. We were so excited we couldn't sleep, and stayed up all night with this crazy tiny little puppy. We were smitten.

5) Paris! Was so so happy! Best holiday ever. That little place by the canal, the food, the hotel, EVERYTHING!

6) Every time I see him with Jacob. Jacob has such a wonderful, funny Daddy and all the memories we are creating and traditions.

And so much more......and hopefully many more to come.
Love you M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment