Monday 19 August 2013

Patience.

4 weeks ago Jacob fractured his leg when a little girl pushed him over on a bouncy castle. 4 weeks later and he is still not walking, not confident on his legs at all, he can do a small distance holding my hand but that is it.

I am shattered. I am so upset for him. I know it's only a fractured leg, it could have been a lot worse, but seeing your child, who has only been walking for less than a year, suddenly become unable again, is breaking me in two. I honesty don't know how long this is going to take. It could take another week, or another month? I've got to stay positive and be patient but god I'm finding it hard today!

The plaster came off last Thursday, it's now Monday and he's still crying if I ask him to have a little walk with me. We have another follow up appointment tomorrow, and the absolute worst that can happen is they put him back in plaster. 

Fingers crossed for us x

No comments:

Post a Comment