Friday 14 December 2012

Christmas.

Can't believe it's that time of year again. I absolutely love Christmas, I love the lead up, I love the lights, and the atmosphere, heck I even love the snow and the freezing weather. I also love NYE and the 30th (my birthday)
I basically feel December should be one big sparkly, wine and choc fest.
Before Jacob, I used to really love the staff Christmas "do". I used to actually enjoy cramming in the tiny toilet cubicle, off with the jeans and on with the tights, dress, nice shoes, glitter on the eyes, lippie and a quick spruce of the hair under the hand dryer (for volume dahhlings) And that "yes! We're not paying for any of this!" buzz you can see in everyone's eyes.
Since having Jacob, as amazing and fulfilling being a stay at home mum has been ("The only job that matters" says Queenie herself) I've really missed that feeling! It's my second Christmas where I haven't been at work and I'm lacking the enthusiasm I once had for it, weirdly! I think because Jacob is only 14 months, he still hasn't a clue what/when or who Christmas is. Although I'm sure the lights and atmosphere aren't lost on him. And our cosy afternoons at home watching Christmas films whilst commuters are waiting in the cold for packed trains and buses, sure aren't lost on me either!

But....I also haven't had that "Friday Feeling" for a long time either, that level of excitement that swirls around London at 5pm (or 3pm depending on where you work) every Friday afternoon.
I guess I'm missing work! And now that Jacob's a bit older I'll be preparing to go back. Ridiculously, I know once I'm at work I'll miss and crave Jacob and I's lazy afternoons on the sofa, and our fun days out and trips to the park.
In the meantime I'm trying to surround myself with friends and family, trying to get into the Christmas spirit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment