Monday 19 November 2012

Exhausted.

Jacob is teething, I have a horrendous cough, we are temporarily sharing a room due to a rental issue. So he wakes me up, I cough and wake him up, then he wakes me etc etc.....
After having a child, sleep becomes this mystic, hazy distant memory. Constantly chasing it, dreaming about it (ironically) trying to get more of it and trying to survive on less of it. But god I miss it!

I've tried Controlled Crying. I don't have the willpower to continue. It simply doesn't feel natural to ignore your child who is crying for you, so in i go all rocking and soothing for hours on end. I have done it on a few occasions but can't do it long enough for it to actually "work" long term.

He also comes into our bed if we're having difficulty resettling him in the middle of the night. I then spend the rest of the night being kicked in the back and punched in the nose (he's a squirmer)
The only positive and lovely thing about being this shattered constantly is the beaming smile I get on the morning's that Jacob wakes up next to me, he strokes my face and gives me a big kiss. That usually follows by him being a complete monster for the rest of the day but hey you gotta cherish the good times and just get on with the bad.

The positives this week are; he's saying the word 'banana' a lot. He's clapping, dancing, and running. Eating lots of fruit and veg and not spitting out his food as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment