Monday 10 September 2012

Jacob's first steps; The beginning....

Last week Jacob took his first little foot steps! Mike and I were literally blown away and so proud of our little man. Every day since we have been practising and he's getting more confident and steadier on his feet.

It's such an amazing time in his life, he's saying full words, trying to spell his name (jayyyy, seeeeee, ooooohhhh, beeeee not always in the correct order!) turning one this month and now walking.

I'm fully aware that once he starts walking my days of sitting on my butt eating Pringles and playing with him and his toys are over. Now I'll be sprinting around all over the place making sure he's not up to mischief and desperately wishing I had eyes in the back of my head.

I always used to think that slim ladies who proclaimed to be skinny because 'they are running around after a toddler all day' were telling fibs, but now I totally get it and actually lost half a stone when Jake started crawling.

And as I watch him this week, climbing and trying and getting there slowly but surely, I'm fully aware of one thing.....

A tornado is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment